- Personal Information
- RICAM Publications
Research Scientist Sparse Approximation and Optimization in High Dimensions
Short Curriculum Vitae
- 1999 - 2004: Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague. MSc. with distinction in Applied Mathematics
- 2004 - 2008: PhD. studies of Applied Mathematics, Technical University of Vienna and University of Vienna, Austria. Supervisor Prof. Christian Schmeiser. PhD. (Dr. rer. nat.) with distinction
- 2001 – 2004: Mathematical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences (Prague), Part-time employment in the Department of applied mathematics
- 2004 – 2008: Research Associate, "Wissenschaftskollegs Differential equations", Vienna University of Technology and University of Vienna
- 1.1.2008 - 15.7.2009: Research Associate (postdoc), project "Energy transport models for semiconductor devices", Vienna University of Technology
- 15.7.2009 - 16.4.2012: Research Associate (postdoc), START-project "Sparse Approximation and Optimization in High Dimensions", RICAM, Linz
Scientific visits and awards:
- 1.4. - 31.5.2007: Visiting researcher (predoc), INRIA, University Lille 1 (France)
- 28.1. - 14.3.2008 and 1.10. - 1.12.2008: Visiting researcher (postdoc), Inst. for aeronautics, Kyoto University based on JSPS-scholarship award for young scientists
- 1.4. - 1.5.2009: Visiting researcher, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2003 – 2004: Seminar on Linear algebra, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Seminar on Calculus, Faculty of Social Sciences, both on Charles University, Prague
- July 2008: Short course on "Weak convergence methods for PDEs",
summer school of the PhD. programm ?WK Differential Equations?,
- spring 2009: Seminar on Calculus of Variations, TU Wien
- Numerical analysis of compressive algorithms for sparse solution of equations and inverse problems, with application for signal/image processing, modern data analysis, and adaptive numerical solution of PDEs
- Nonlinear PDEs: elliptic-parabolic systems, hyperbolic conservation laws, free boundary problems, kinetic transport equations
- Stochastic calculus and stochastic differential equations
- Asymptotics: macroscopic limits of kinetic equations, long time behaviour
- Numerical methods for ODEs, PDEs and SDEs
- Methods of functional analysis, calculus of variations
- Applications: mathematical biology, gas dynamics, plasma and semiconductor physics, financial mathematics
-  Dolezel, Haskovec, Solin, Ulrych: Integral Solution of Eddy Current Problems in Non-magnetic Media, Proceedings IGTE Graz, Austria, 16.-18.9.2002, pp. 327 - 330.
-  Haskovec, Solin: On a Novel Technique for Parallel Unstructured Mesh Generation in 3D, Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications 5, Berlin, Springer 2004, pp. 420 - 429.
-  Haskovec, Schmeiser: Transport in Semiconductors at Saturated Velocities, Commun. Math. Sci. 3, no. 2 (2005), pp. 219 - 233.
-  Haskovec, Schmeiser: On anisotropic Generalizations of Sobolev and Morrey Embedding Theorems, Monatsh. Math., Volume 158, Issue 1 (2009), Page 71.
-  Haskovec, Schmeiser: Stochastic Particle Approximation to the Global Measure Valued Solutions of the Keller-Segel model in 2D, Proceedings Equadiff 2007.
-  Haskovec, Schmeiser: Stochastic Particle Approximation for Measure Valued Solutions of the 2D Keller-Segel System, J. Stat. Phys., Volume 135, Issue 1 (2009), Page 133.
-  Haskovec, Schmeiser: Diffusive limit of a kinetic model for cometary flows, J. Stat. Phys., online first.