Tel.: ++43 (0)732 2468 5233
Fax: ++43 (0)732 2468 5212
Johann Radon Institut (RICAM)
Altenberger Str. 69
University of Linz, University-Center (campus map), Representation Rooms
How to get here
The campus is right next to the "Dornach" exit of the A7 - Mühlkreisautobahn, with Passau, Salzburg and Vienna all being roughly a 1:30 hour's drive away.
Linz is a railway hub with Intercity lines connecting it to Vienna, Salzburg/Munich, Passau/Nürnberg and Prague.
- ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways)
- Westbahn: Train from Vienna West Station (Westbahnhof) to Linz and from Salzburg to Linz (cheaper tickets!)
- a taxi (approx. 15 minutes, about 20 Euros)
- public transport (download the tram map, PDF-File):
- purchase with cash a MIDI (1 hour) or MAXI (1 day) ticket from a ticket machine or from a tobacco store ("Trafik")
- take tram number 1 or 2 (direction "Universität");
- alight at the final stop "Universität" (approx. 30 minutes)
- from there, walk along the Altenberger Straße to find the Science Park on the right hand side.
Blue Danube Airport Linz (airport code LNZ):
You can either take the airport bus to Linz train station and continue from there as above (by train), or take a taxi to campus (about 30 Euros), or rent a car.
On Sunday there is no bus to the city but you can use the shuttle for free to the railway station Hörsching. From there you get to Linz in 11 minutes.
Vienna International Airport (airport code VIE):
New: Connection Vienna airport to Linz train station:
ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) offers direct IC/Railjet connections (every 30 minutes) between Vienna airport and Linz train station via Vienna Central Station (Wien Hauptbahnhof).
Connection Vienna airport to Vienna West Station (Westbahnhof):
There is a shuttle bus (Vienna AirportLines) every 30 minutes directly to the Vienna West Station (Westbahnhof).
Time table Bus
- New: Connection Vienna airport to Linz train station: